Tuesday 18 February 2014

Wedding Cards

Hi

I am so glad that we can find inspiration almost anywhere - including the fantastic range of Craft Magazines that are available... I must admit I do have a couple of favourites and I think I am now a bit more choosy in which ones I buy.  Once upon a time - I tried to buy lots of different publications - but then I guess depends on what projects I happen to be working on at the time i.e. Scrapbooking / Cardmaking / Sewing - Patchworking etc / Beading and the list goes on...

On the weekend I purchased the Australian Cardmaking Stamping and Papercraft Vol 20 No 4 because I fell in love with a card on the front cover.  I do not have the same products that the Designer in the Magazine (Cindy Gilfillan) used so I improvised and used what I had.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder and a spellbinders oval die to create my frame.


I did not actually read the article until after I had created my cards - which was then I realized the designer actually used a die-cut frame on the front of her cards - I think using the embossing folder works just as well.


As you can see - I created both of these cards as wedding cards - the wording on the top one reads "For The Newlyweds" and the bottom card reads on a tiny tag - "Mr & Mrs" - both of which are Stampin Up Stamps and punched with Stampin Up Punches.  Butterflies and bling on both for that sparkly touch. I used brushed silver Card as the background and added acetate under the oval cutout to protect the die-cut flowers etc.  Thanks for the inspiration Cindy Gilfillan!

I absolutely love these ones, hope you like them too!!
Shell
xox  

No comments:

Post a Comment