Thursday 6 February 2014

Hampton Art Owl Stamp Birthday Card

Hoot, Hoot

Hello, another Happy Birthday Owl card for you - this card is made with a Hampton Art Set - I have used one of the owls and a branch from the same set.  I coloured the stamp with markers and when I stamped it on my white cardstock, I was not happy with the blotchy result, so I then coloured over the top of the image with the same markers.  (The stamp set is a clear cling set - and I have a few of this style stamp, which for some reason don't always seem to stamp out as clear and as crisp as I would like - even after doing the soapy water thing....anyhow, I just work around that.... )




I used a glossy purple square card, a piece of white cardstock, which I embossed with a dotty embossing folder.  The background paper is a painted background which I dragged a plastic scraper through the paint to create a particular finish.  I added a piece of white ribbon across the middle to disguise the join in the card and background paper.  The wording is from a Stampin Up Set - Express Yourself, punched out with a Stampin Up Punch.  I added rhinestones to the corners of the cards and to the owl eyes.  I then used a stardust/gelly roll glitter pen to outline the owl and her branch etc - bit hard to see in the photo though.   When I attached the owl to the card, i taped the main part of the branch flat and used dimensional tape under the owl and some of the leaves for added dimension.

Isn't she cute?
Shell
xox  

No comments:

Post a Comment