Thursday 1 August 2013

Kaisercraft - Off the Page

Hi there,

Kaisercraft have created some really fantastic Off the Page items - from storage, to frames, to albums - you name it - not to mention the absolutely beautiful Collections of papers etc to go with!!  I would love to buy them all - wouldn't we all!?!?!?  After purchasing one (or two) of these lovelies - you then have to decide how you are going to decorate them.......  Here are my Storage items that I have covered in my favourite colours.......



In these small drawers, I keep my charms etc, sorted in themes - birds and birdcages, owls, nautical, resin flowers, keys, butterflies etc.  When I decorated all of these items, I kept the embellishments fairly simple (if any) as the patterned paper was enough on its' own.   I first used acrylic paint on all of the edges and then used impasto gel to glue the papers down.


 
I made two of these storage boxes and in these I keep my mini misters and my various brands of spritzers.
 
 Also using Kaisercraft  Off the Page Items I covered a mini bookshelf.  I also purchased the set of books to go with it, but I made the books go "further" by using the chipboard pages for the cover only and added my own cardstock into the covers to make more mini books.


 
I used a cuttlebug die to make the binding 'latch' thingy and basically used ribbon through the centre of the cardstock for the binding.  I will eventually use the mini books for photos etc. 
 
 How striking do they look just by using only a couple of colours and sticking to those!?!?
I had soooo much fun making all of the above items for my craft room - trouble is Kaisercraft keeps on releasing fabulous things - I can't keep up... oh well - I can keep on dreaming of having them all!!
 
Hope you like them,
Shell xox
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Superb this is really nice blog and I like it and its really adorable
    Kaisercraft

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David, I really enjoy creating with Kaisercraft's Off The Page projects!!

    ReplyDelete