Tuesday 27 January 2015

Basic Grey - Herbs and Honey - Gardeners Diary


Hello,

Bloom where you are planted, plant kindness and gather love, growing like a weed, the cream of the crop.... These are some of the verses from the embellishments from the gorgeous Basic Grey - Herbs and Honey range.  So, how could I not be inspired to create a Gardeners Diary after seeing these?!?

I must warn you - I don't have a green thumb - every plant I touch generally dies - but I have found out... you actually need to water plants to make them grow! Haha - who would have thought it??

Now onto the Diary - choose your papers first:  Basic Grey - Herbs and Honey - Peas, Asparagus, Onion, Corn and Artichoke.



Then, sort through the embellishments in the range - Element Stickers, Dies and Transparencies and Title Stickers as well as from the Artichoke 12x12 and decide which you would like to use. I then 'planned' my diary - decided what I would like to include:


A calendar, moon phases charts, a garden design layout and irrigation layout, a rainfall chart, a list of purchased plants, a record of what was planted on which date, places to add photos..
Next, I cut my Basic Grey - Herbs and Honey pages to size, created a cover and covered this with green paper. I then bound these using my Crop-a-dile to punch three holes for rings. I added eyelets to the holes in the covers for added stability.






Now, please, backtrack a bit - when I was planning my Diary, I originally thought I would create tabbed sections for each month, but as I went along I decided to do it differently... So, now in the front section (each section is divided by the Herbs and Honey papers) I placed the information feature pages eg. garden design layout etc, then, in every other divided section I have placed 2 months i.e. January and February and a moon phase chart for each month. I also decided to bind the book with rings in case the Diary owner would like to change the order of the pages, add more pages, add more photo opportunities etc etc.

Did you have a close look at the above photos (Right hand top) at the Garden layout photo - I used a sheet of acetate for the irrigation layout over the top - so you can see where the plants are and design your irrigation over the top... Clever Huh?!?
There are plenty of photo opportunities in the diary - every divider (except the inside front cover) has space to add photos on the front of the dividers and I have left the back blank to add your beautiful garden photos or photos of other gardens you are inspired by.
I rounded the corners of each paper section to make it easier to find the next section  - using my Corner Chomper.




Design your embellishments for the front and back covers - I have kept mine fairly simple.

I would like to say I was off to do a spot of gardening, but now my thumbs really are black -  from stamping!!!

Bloom where you are planted!
Shell
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment