Sunday 29 June 2014

Dusty Attic Tool Caddy...

Hi, back again, did you try to guess what my sneak peek was????  It is a Dusty Attic Tool Caddy - Creepy and cool at the same time...




Don't you just love it!!!
"The Dusty Attic is an Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business, which designs and manufactures craft items and embellishments." 


First, I assembled and then painted the Tool Caddy with black acrylic paint, chose my paper - an older paper from Stampin'Up - Howlstooth and Scaringbone Designer Series Paper and started creating!


 The two End panels:



I have used Cuttlebug Creepy Die - which is the bats and the spider - I die cut these from black cardstock and covered them with Glossy Accents.  The skeleton and the bird are from Stampin' Ups Stamp Set - Toil and Trouble, black embossed onto orange card. The larger cogs are from Tim Holtz Bigz Die -Gadget Gears and the smaller cogs are a Taylored Expressions Die - Sprockets Border, these are cut from black cardstock.

 One Side panel:




The black embossing on the underneath layer is part of the script stamp from the Stampin'Up set - Toil and Trouble.  The Skull Charms are Tim Holtz Idea-ology Adornments - Crossbones. I have also embellished with and orange ribbon and black and orange small brads.

The other Side panel:





This totally cool Skull is from Tim Holtz of course - I have embossed him with various colours of embossing powders and enamels....  creeeepy!

The four panels shown together:


When I have created any Off the Page Projects - like this one - I have found it a lot easier to complete your panels first and then adhere them into position - trying to hold the Tool Caddy (Or whatever your project may be) can sometimes be a little bit tricky to position the embellishment exactly where you would like it!

I hope the Tool Caddy was well worth the waiting - after having seen my sneak peek! Please drop us a comment and let me know what you think!

Happy creating - creepy or cool - perhaps both!!
Shell
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment