Saturday 11 January 2014

Multi Media Canvas

Hello Multi Media Lovers!

I happened across (as you do!) a blog from an unbelievably creative artist - Finnabair...  If you have not seen any of her creations - you need, yes I said need to check out her blog (I have put a link to her blog to the right).  I was so inspired - I just had to make a Multi Media Canvas of my own...


The piece I based my theme on for my canvas was the chipboard dressing table/duchess.  It inspired me to create a little girl's room - as if I was looking into the room -  through the open curtains. 













I created this Multi Media Canvas for an 11th Birthday Present.  If you look closely you can see that I have used many, many different types of goodies.  I raided my Husband's shed and found lots of things there, raided my buttons and all my little bits and pieces of things - I have even counted some of the elements to make sure there was 11 of each i.e. 11 butterflies, 11 dragonflies, 11 hearts, 11 stars, 11 Lady Beetles etc, as well as using a chandelier, a starfish, an angel, a bird, an owl, flowers - so, so many things....

First you prepare your canvas (gesso), then start adding all of your goodies - time consuming but sooo much fun!  Then you coat it all in gesso again to prepare it for whatever (paint/spray...) type medium you will be colouring your canvas with, then colour away!  I used watered down acrylic paint for my canvas, which I applied using a fine paintbrush to make sure the paint went into all the little gaps between all those elements!

As you can see - you can use absolutely anything on a Multi Media Canvas - So when you hear people say that they don't throw anything away - this is where they use it!!.  I have created a couple of other canvases and I will show them to you soon.

Happy Creating
Shell
xox  

























No comments:

Post a Comment