Sunday 12 January 2014

Fisherman's Canvas

Hello

Is there a Male in your life who loves to fish?  I have a couple of those!!  A canvas is a great way to show off some of those fantastic fishing catches!  "I caught a fish this Big! ......................."

Here is another Canvas I have created - I guess you can say it is a Multi Media Canvas...


For the background, I stamped the Journal Entry Stampin Up stamp all over tissue paper, which I then crumpled and adhered to my canvas using impasto gel.  I then randomly painted the canvas with black gesso.  


I heat embossed The "Gone Fishing" chipboard with a couple of different colours and added two Trout Brads.  With the same embossing powder I added small sections all over the canvas to tie it all in.


Using twine, fishing line, charms and a sinker (From my Husband's Shed) I created an embellishment for the bottom corner.


I hot glued the fishing lure (yes I did check that this was not one of his favourites!!) onto the canvas.  The lure was where I actually chose the colours for my canvas from.  I wanted it to appear murky like a creek or a river where you would go fishing.  The stamped images were from a couple of different stamps sets from Darkroom Door and Stampin Up.  These images were all heat embossed with black embossing powder.

Anchors, ropes, compasses, speed boats and of course you can't forget the camping chair to sit on!

Happy fishing - and crafting
Shell
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment