Wednesday 16 October 2013

Shadow Box - using Spellbinders Rose Creations Die...

Hello - it has just started to rain as I am typing this and the smell of the rain is so refreshing!!

I made this Box - (I was unsure exactly what to call it so I went with Shadow box - please let me know if I should have called it something different!!) for a beautiful friend of mine for her Birthday - she loved it of course as I'm sure you will.....


 
Looks great doesn't it?!?   I found this fantastic box at a cheap warehouse shop - they only had two and I had never seen them before and have not seen them since - so I think it was one of those lucky finds!!  It is a very unusual box in that it has a double layer of Perspex - which is a glass-like material - which is magnetised together in the corners and then magnetised to the top of the box.

 
 
 

 
This is the base of the box - I created it all outside the box and then put it together.  Now, where do I start.....  The flowers are die cut using Spellbinders Rose Creations die - a few different sizes for each flower, held together with brads and then glittered with KindyGlitz and glitter.  The Birdcage is die cut using Prickley Pears Birdcage Die and glossy black card.  The Owl is a chipboard owl which I painted and glittered and I have used black rhinestones for his eyes.  The leaves for the roses are die cut using Stampin' Up's Sizzlit - Little leaves, run through an embossing folder for detail and then rubbed over with metallic gold.  A few close ups ......
 




 
The "friends forever" is a Darkroom Door stamp from their All Occasions set.  I black embossed it to make it shine like the birdcage.  I have also used ribbon, a dragonfly brad, a heart brad, lots of bling - rhinestones and pearls....  Oh - I forgot to mention the paper I used was a patterned paper with a beautiful rose in the bottom corner where I have placed the birdcage etc.
 
Here is the top...  had you already noticed in the views without the box that there was no butterflies?? You are very observant!!   The butterflies are sandwiched between the two layers of Perspex - very unusual!!!  I used Stampin' Up's Embosslits - Beautiful Wings to cut the butterflies and stuck them in place using glue dots - I had to be careful firstly of where I placed the butterflies so that they sat nicely over the top of the rest of my project and secondly I had to be careful to not make it too thick for the magnets on the two layers to work properly!! Phew .... 
 
 

 
This is just another finished view where you can see the depth of the box a bit better... See the placement of the butterflies.....
 
 
I think I covered everything - and as you can imagine I loved creating this!! I would love to hear any comments of what you think of this .....

 Have a great evening,
Shell
xox
 

No comments:

Post a Comment