Tuesday 9 July 2013

Altered Book - Love this idea!

Hi there, do you have any old (maybe I should say Vintage?!? - anything that is old these days seems to be labelled Vintage....) hardcovered novels - well I suppose any book will do?  I have come across - as you do on the internet - a fantastic idea on how to alter them and re-use them for journaling etc.

I think most of my inspiration has come from the amazing Finnabair - wow so talented ... you should and I mean you should - check out her creations - I was awe-struck when I first happened upon her site.

Following is the cover I created for my book front and back.


 
I used a mixture of embellishments that I had made over time, I went through and picked out different things that would work together, I am still unsure as to whether I will put a Quote in the middle of the frames - haven't decided yet.  I may even leave the spine as is ....



And this is the first page in the book - I glued many - approx. 20 pages together to make the pages thicker and to create the "frame' where I will add a photo later.

 
 
 
There are many different sites you can search for ideas and images on altered books, so thank-you to all those amazing people who showed me (via you-tube) how to go about altering a book.  Thanks!!
 
See you again soon
Shell
xox
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment