Monday 17 February 2020

Aussie Themed Mixed Media Covers

Hello

Continuing the theme of tissue stamping, these are the results of my second effort. For this project I chose Australian images from Stamp-it.
As each of these images is a whole scene, I was able to judge positioning more easily.


After painting the chipboard covers with gesso, I applied texture paste in positions and shapes for clouds and for the creek and ground. 
When this had dried, I painted on the areas of sky, tree bands, water and ground.


Images were stamped on tissue, coloured on the back, torn around the edges and applied with multi medium. Extra images were stamped (birds, extra trees to fill) and applied.


Extra colour was added where needed, and the covers sealed.


A gum tree image from Darkroom Door was added to the back covers.



The covers were filled and bound in the same way as the previous ones.
I had a great time making these covers and I have one more set which I will share later. My most adventurous yet.

Till next time
be happy
BaRb


No comments:

Post a Comment