Sunday 3 August 2014

Tim Holtz Sewing Room and My Favorite Things Sew Nifty - Mini Accordion Flip Albums... Sew Cute ...

Morning,

Hope you plan to have a crafty day! I have created more of the Mini Accordion Flip Albums - like the one I posted here: http://barbnshellcreations.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/fancy-pants-accordian-flip-album.html

First, I have a photo of the three albums I have made, with their co-ordinating tags.  Today, in this post, I will show you the first one - Sew Cute - in more detail...



First is Sew Cute, then My Thoughts are Happiest when You're in them and lastly, Love is like a Butterfly.


I posted basic instructions on how to create the mini (see link above) - they are so easy to make!

For the cover, I have used Tim Holtz Alterations - Sewing Room Bigz die. I paper pieced a dress for the dressform and added a bitty buckle across the waist using off white ribbon, which I also used to thread the buttons and to wind around the spool. 
The wording for the cover, tag and throughout the album (see below), is from a "My Favorite Things" stamp set "Sew Nifty".  The stamped (and black embossed) Dress Form is also from "My Favorite Things" Dienamics Die and stamp set.
 (yes, it does feel really very wrong to not put a 'u' in favourite - just in case you were wondering!!!)



The two papers I chose for this project are papers from a Kaisercraft's Antique Rose 12x12 paper pad. Gorgeous aren't they!


As you can see in the photos, I have faux stitched a double row of stitching around the edges with a black marker.  I have also stamped on the lighter coloured paper panels - sewing related quotes, for example:

"You really are sew special"
"Memories are stitched with love"
"Friendship is sewn with love and measured with kindness"

I finished off the detail on the cover and the tag, using pearls in various sizes.

The overall measurement for these albums - when folded - is 11.5 cm high by 10 cm wide.

I will be back very soon with the details for the other two albums - be sure to visit again soon!

I will also be adding these Mini Accordion Flip Albums to our shop - so keep an eye out for those here:

"May your bobbin always be full"
Shell
xox



No comments:

Post a Comment