Saturday 7 September 2013

Australiana Mini Canvas

G'day Mate,

Can you be any more Australian than that??  I was very fortunate to be able to Homestay some Japanese Students a few weeks ago.  We were invited to have dinner with the Teachers who were travelling with the students and as a sort of 'thank you' we were asked to bring a small gift each.  I created this Australia themed Mini Canvas - told you I was addicted!! 

 
The background paper is covered in a boomerang print, I stamped, coloured with markers, then clear embossed all the animals.  I printed the Australia image off the internet and backed it with blue card to make it stand out, and the flag is a sticker.  Added some ribbon to the top left corner and across the bottom.  My husband suggested to add the koala key-ring and it worked perfectly! 
I clear varnished the easel and I glued the canvas to the easel to hold it all together better.
Then I made the box to present the canvas in .....

 
The kangaroos on the paper are shiny foil like, and I made a small card featuring a koala to complete the gift box.  The Teacher who received my gift loved it!
 
Last year, I travelled to Japan and had the opportunity to Homestay with a Japanese Family myself.  This is the canvas I created as a thank-you to them.....
 
 
So much simpler - and now that I look at it - it looks kind of bare (Hehe - I was going to type bear - but "a Koala is Not a Bear").  I hung an Australian charm from the bottom. 
 
So if you have seen my Pinterest Boards this explains why I have a Board named Shell's Australiana.
I have had a few Homestay Students now - from Japan and also America.  Quite an experience if the Students don't speak much English!!
 
Oyasuminasai!
Which means Goodnight in English or
maybe I should say:
Goodnight, don't let the bed bugs bite!!
Shell
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment